Date night at home is an easy way to spend time with your partner without having to spend a pretty penny on going out! You can easily turn any of your favorite going-out activities into an at-home date with a few modifications. Regardless, you’ll enjoy the time you are spending with your SO whether you are at home in your pajamas or out on the town in your best. Take date night inside and in your home with these 5 date night meals you can make for your SO!
1. Chicken and Spinach in a Creamy Sauce
In the mood for something quick and easy but still super tasty? This chicken and sauce recipe is the perfect date night meal that will hit the spot! We love this chicken recipe for date night and it would be perfect with rice or pasta!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small jar of sun-dried tomatoes, drained from oil, and chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spinach (or more if you like)
First, you will need to grill and cook the chicken breasts with your choice of seasonings. You will then add your oil with some garlic, onion, and butter. Cook until fragrant and onions are translucent. Add in chicken broth, heavy cream, and parmesan cheese. Combine with tomatoes and spinach and cook until well combined and warm. Add in chicken and serve!
2. One Skillet White Bean Gnocchi
This gnocchi dish is the perfect date night meal that your SO will absolutely love! Plus, it’s super easy because it’s all made in one pot.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 package Smoked Turkey Sausage, coined
- 1/4 cup Swanson’s chicken stock
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon EACH: dried oregano, dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH: garlic powder, paprika
- Fine sea salt and pepper
- 1 can white kidney or cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 package gnocchi
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese (plus more for serving)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (plus more for serving)
- fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, finely chopped
Saute onions and garlic until traunscleunt. Add in coined turkey sausage to skillet. Add in chicken stock with all of your spices, white beans, and uncooked gnocchi. Top with cheeses and bake in a 425-degree oven for 20 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!
3. Chicken Ramen Noodles
Want to step up your regular take-out game? Take on this date night meal challenge of making your own ramen noodles at home that will taste just as good as going out to a restaurant!
- 1 cup of cut chicken thigh/breast
- 1/3 cup Broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup Button mushrooms, White
- 1/4 cup Carrot
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 green bell pepper, small
- 1 Onion, small
- 1 Red bell pepper, small
- 2 Spring onion, whites, and green
- 2 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp Soy sauce, Light low sodium
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce, Dark low sodium
- 3 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Black pepper, Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil/sesame oil
- 2 tsp White vinegar
- 3 Packets Ramen noodles/instant noodle
For this date night meal, you want to start out by cooking your ramen noodles and setting them to the side. In another bowl, mix chicken pieces with salt and pepper, soy sauce, and corn starch. Take all of the veggies and saute with oil, ginger, and garlic. Add the marinated chicken to the pan and cook until well done. Add in noodles and enjoy!
4. Garlic Butter Chicken Bites with Lemon Asparagus
Your SO called, and they’re bored of going through the Chick-Fil-A drive-thru for chicken! Step up your chicken game with this fun and simple recipe for a date night meal that will be better than anything you can get through the take-out window!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 bunch of asparagus, rinsed and trimmed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or Herbes de Provence
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, optional (we used Sriracha)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) low-sodium chicken broth
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
- Slices of lemon, for garnish
For the chicken seasoning:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
Slice chicken and season with salt, pepper, and onion powder. Heat butter and oil in a skillet and cook the seasoned chicken. Add garlic and Italian seasoning to the skillet and lower the temperature. Add chicken broth and deglaze the skillet. Bring to a simmer and add in hot sauce, lemon juice, butter, and parsley. Add in asparagus and cook until tender. Enjoy your date night meal!
5. Creamy Parmesean Lemon Chicken
If you or bae are gluten-free, this is a date night meal that you can easily enjoy without sacrificing flavor or taste! Also, you won’t have to worry about making a mess with the dishes because this can all be done in one skillet!
- 6 chicken breasts, skinless boneless
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Oregano, dried
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
First, you need to get out your skillet and brown the chicken breasts with desired seasonings for flavor. You will then add the garlic and heavy whipping cream to the skillet. Add the rest of your seasonings and top with cheese and lemon juice until combined. Top with lemon slices and your parsley for taste and presentation and enjoy!
Which date night meal are you going to be making for your SO? Do you prefer to stay in or go out for date night? Share with us in the comments below!
English and Media Strategies student at Texas Tech University, lover of coffee, running, and houseplants.