o you’ve got the essentials for your dorm room packed and ready to go…or so you thought. Take a gander through this list of insanely clever Amazon products, and I can pretty much guarantee you’ll find something you ABSOLUTELY need for your dorm room. Not only will most of these items aid in keeping your dorm room organized, they are all just so nifty, how could possibly live without them? Don’t forget to use your student status to snag a 6-month Amazon Prime trial membership that gets you free 2-day shipping.
1. An electric hot pot!
No microwave? No problem. No stove? No problem. This electric hot pot will cook anything in just a few minutes with no microwave or stove needed. Perfecting for cooking noodles, soup, hardboiling eggs, Ramen and more!
2. A multi-functional lap desk.
All hail memory foam! Let this lap desk (complete with a USB light) be your new work space. The memory foam ensures it’ll be super comfy on your legs if you’re doing work in bed. You can fit a laptop, tablet & keyboard and pull out the side for more room to hold your phone!
3. An ottoman that is secretly hiding all your shoes.
No more digging under the bed to find that killer pair of Jimmy Choos…haha JK, my shoes are from Target.
4. A clip-on fan for the warmer days.
If you’ve never been in a dorm you may not realize how stale and yucky the air can get. A fan that can clip onto your desk, nightstand or even your bed is perfect for giving you that extra breeze (and maybe it’ll even cancel out the noise from your roommate snoring!)
5. A cute bean bag chair for entertaining guests!
Okay, how awesome is this?! It’s basically like having a sofa chair or couch in your dorm room expect so. much. cheaper. And whenever you have friends over, they won’t need to sit on your bed all the time!
6. A desk lamp that also conveniently charges your phone.
There’s no better way to keep your dorm room organized than investing in 2-for-1 pieces.
7. This adorable little cord holder that keeps your cords orderly.
An organizational dream.
8. A bedside shelf to give you more space.
This is perfect for setting your phone down on, water, and anything else you could need at a moments notice when you just don’t feel like getting up. It safely holds up to 15 lbs (which is basically like putting 6 laptops on it at once) so don’t worry that it won’t hold your things!
9. This universal stand that can charge just about all of your electronics.
The ones that matter, anyway (let’s be real).
10. A hot iron holster to keep your hair products tidy and accessible.
And you don’t have to worry about burning down your dorm.
11. A collapsible laundry basket that you can tuck away when not in use.
But if your laundry basket is never in use…I commend you. (This is great for packing though.)
12. Or a rolling laundry basket so you don’t have to wear out your arms carrying your laundry to the laundry room.
If you’ve ever had to cart a pile of laundry somewhere, you know how heavy they can get. If you’ve got an elevator, make use if it and get yourself a cart.
13. Or magnetic bottle holders to make space inside your fridge.
Every inch counts in those tiny suckers.
14. Speaking of the fridge; save space with an over-the-fridge caddy.
Because who says clever products can’t be as simple as this?
15. Add a little more storage space with this nifty shelf.
I’m telling you, you’re going to need all the extra space you can find.
16. This reading & TV pillow is basically a must have.
Your bed will be where you spend most of your time, whether you’re doing homework or watching Netflix. Make sure you’re as comfy as possible with this pillow so you can prob yourself up on your bed.
17. A non-bulky dry erase calendar decal that literally just sticks to your wall.
This is perfect for keeping track of your busy life and not forgetting things! Sometimes writing things down in our life planners goes unseen because we’re not always looking at it. But with this on your wall it will be hard to miss anything!
18. A desk shelf that provides even more…can you guess?
19. A garment rack to expand your itty bitty closet.
Just pick one skinny enough so it doesn’t take up too much space. And share with your roomie, it’s the nice thing to do.
20. A collapsible suitcase that’s just about the coolest thing ever.
And makes it really easy to pack your clothes.
What other clever products could you use in your dorm room? Share in the comments!
Have you found any other clever Amazon products for your dorm room that should be on this list? Share in the comments below!
Featured image source: dormify.com
Ashley is the Editorial Director of SOCIETY19. She is a graduate of Marist College with a degree in Business and Marketing.