We already know that Beyoncé pretty much runs the world. From her killer style to her successful career, she inspires us all to be strong, independent women (and men). Keep reading for 15 times the Queen Bey proved that girls really do run the world!
1. When she spoke about feminism and said “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.”
2. When she literally shut down the stadium during her Super Bowl halftime performance in 2013, all while backed by an all-female band.
3. When she provided some words to inspire confidence, “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.”
4. When she silenced the haters, who said she used a prerecorded track at Obama’s 2013 inauguration, by belting out the national anthem a cappella for reporters.
5. When she headlined a concert in London in support for Chime for Change, a campaign set up to help empower girls and women around the world.
6. When she defined what it truly means to be a diva, “[A true diva is] graceful, and talented, and strong, and fearless and brave and someone with humility.”
7. When she casually became the highest-paid black musician in history in April of 2014.
8. Oh and then she won 17 Grammy Awards, the most Grammy Awards won by a female artist in one night.
9. When she partnered with First Lady Michelle Obama on her anti childhood obesity campaign, “Let’s Move,” and released “Move Your Body.”
10. When she dropped an entire album as a surprise overnight in 2013, and broke the iTunes Store’s record for the largest sales week for an album.
11. When she got people talking about gender equality by performing at the 2014 VMAs with the word “feminist” in giant letters behind her.
12. When she backed the “Ban Bossy” campaign, which encourages girls to lead and discourages the use of the word “bossy.”
13. When she released Lemonade and told all women to speak your truth, even if society tells you to stay silent.
14. When she reached the biggest first week sales of 2016 for a female artist, and the biggest sales week of 2016 in general so far for Lemonade.
15. When she not only achieved all of this, but also built an empire, raised a family, and stayed true to herself.
Why do you love Beyoncé? Comment below and share this article with friends who love Beyoncé as much as you do!
Featured image source: muumuse.com, jamiesoncox.
MOIRA IS A 22-YEAR-OLD BALTIMORE NATIVE WHO IS CURRENTLY STUDYING PUBLIC RELATIONS AT ST. JOHN’S UNIVERSITY IN NEW YORK AND SOON TO BE GRADUATING. HER PASSIONS INCLUDE TRAVELING, FOOD, MUSIC, FASHION AND WRITING. SHE’S A POP CULTURE ENTHUSIAST AND SOCIAL MEDIA JUNKIE. YOU CAN FIND HER EXPLORING NEW YORK CITY IN SEARCH OF THE PERFECT INSTAGRAM SHOT.