Chantell Migadde is a undergraduate freshman at United States International…
Parents basically live to embarrass you, it might even be the sole reason for their existence. But in the end, we just have to remember that we’re not alone in these cringe-worthy moments – just about every parent on the face of earth is guilty of embarrassing their kids at one point or another. That being said, I bet you can relate to some (if not all) of these 15 most embarrassing things parents do. (And if you can’t, go give your parents a big hug right now and thank them.)
1. Sing and dance in public.
No mom, the twist is not a move anymore.
2. Try to be cool in front of your friends.
Please, for the love of God, put your coin collection away.
3. Tell embarrassing stories from your childhood.
No one wants to hear about that time I took my diaper off in the grocery store. NO ONE.
4. Upload (should-never-see-the-light-of-day) pictures of you to Facebook.
You didn’t even use a filter!
5. Comment on your Facebook photos.
Don’t make me unfriend you.
6. Shout your name in public.
I’m sorry…do I know you?
7. Try to talk about your sex life.
Quite possibly one of the most embarrassing things parents do – I’m cringing at the thought.
8. Talk about their sex life.
9. Try to set you up with someone.
I appreciate the thought guys, but I actually enjoy being single.
10. Use text slang.
No mom, WTF does not mean “well that’s fantastic.” Not even close.
11. Try to be funny in front of your friends.
There’s only so many times you can ask my friends what time the man went to the dentist. (For those who don’t know, the answer is tooth-hurt-y).
12. Tell their best friend every single private detail of your life.
Isn’t it an unspoken rule that these things are supposed to stay between family?!
13. Join every social media site and either follow you or friend you.
If you can’t figure out how to use Snapchat…you probably shouldn’t be on it.
14. Ask your partner a million questions that are probably irrelevant.
Do you really need to know what activities they were involved with in Kindergarten??
15. Buy you condoms and then give you sex tips.
Excuse me as my cheeks turn 50 shades of red.
What are some more embarrassing things parents do? Share in the comments below!
Featured image source: imgdj.com and bestthenews.com
Chantell Migadde is a undergraduate freshman at United States International University - Africa studying Finance. She loves writing and is a Wattpad addict. Her favorite things include; food, Netflix, sleeping and music among other things.