Being early, to whatever it might be, has become a habit of many. While others would rather arrive to their appointments right on time (or even “fashionably late,” the faithful early birds prefer to wake up at the crack of dawn, and set their clocks a few minutes ahead, so the possibility of ever arriving late is pretty much non-existent. If this sounds like you, here are 10 more things only perpetually early people understand…I bet you can relate.
1. All of your clocks and watches are set at least 10 minutes ahead.
2. Your outfit and breakfast has to be organized the day before.
Doing it the morning of would be cutting it WAY too close.
3. The idea of being a minute late to anything gives you intense anxiety.
4. If you’re going to an unknown place, you scout it out prior.
You make sure you know exactly where it is; you can’t risk getting lost the day of.
5. You often arrive slightly too early to meetings.
But that’s just extra time to collect your thoughts.
6. “Fashionably late” doesn’t exist in your vocabulary.
What does that even mean???
7. You’ve become really good at wandering.
Because you always have tons of time to kill thanks to being perpetually early.
8. Going out with friends is always a hassle.
Especially if they’re chronic latecomers.
9. You’re always the first one from your party to arrive at a restaurant.
But you like holding down the fort.
10. You live by the mantra, “If you’re early, you’re on time. If you’re on time you’re late.”
Featured image source: helen-owen.com/post/119811712837
Efe Ayanruoh is a journalism and mass communication student at the University of Iowa. She is a foodie and an avid Netflix fan.