For the past several months, I have dated a guy who is in a fraternity. Going into the relationship with no prior knowledge of Greek life, I’ve learned a lot along the way. After many weekends visiting the house, I’ve realized 10 things that happen when you date a frat guy.
1. You get used to seeing guys in boxers. Just boxers.
Because you’ll see more than any normal girl will see in a lifetime.
2. You give up on napping.
Because there is always someone yelling a chant or blasting some EDM.
3. You start to understand “guy humor.”
And learn to watch what you say – which is probably something “she said.”
4. You are no longer a neat freak.
Especially the day after a party – the frat house basically looks like a war zone.
5. You become a sports fan.
ESPN is always on in the living room, and there is constant talk about fantasy teams.
6. You get used to weird traditions.
Be prepared to learn something new practically every day.
7. You acquire a taste for beer.
And learn a ton of new drinking games.
8. You suddenly become “one of the guys.”
When you’re constantly in a house of about 50 males…it’s bound to happen.
9. You become best friends with pledges.
Because they get you free food.